Connecting ReallyMe to Outlook for Windows
Note: These instructions are based on the latest version of Outlook for Windows at time of writing (v.2022 of Outlook with Office 365 running on Windows 11).
This process is in 2 steps, first we’ll connect your new ReallyMe.Me email as a new IMAP service, then we’ll separately add your calendar to Outlook (note: As Outlook does not support the CalDav format, we’ll need to add a free plugin to synchronize your calendar with Outlook. This is a quick and painless process detailed below).
Step 1 – Connect your ReallyMe Mail Account
- Open Outlook
- Under the ‘File’ Tab select the ‘+ Add Account’ button. Outlook may search for accounts to recommend, wait for it to finish.
- Enter your new ReallyMe.Me email address.
- Press ‘Connect’.
- Select IMAP as your mail type.
- Enter the name of incoming and outcoming mail server (mail.reallyme.me) and the port numbers (993 for incoming and 465 for outgoing).
- In the Encryption Method drop-down box select “SSL/TLS”
- Check both boxes next to ‘Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)’.
Your finished screen should look like this.
- Press Next.
- Enter your password. If you are a new user this will be ‘ChangeMeNow’. If you don’t know your email you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
- Press Connect.
Outlook will connect to your Mailbox and return any issues (the most frequent issue is your password was mistyped).
- If you see this screen everything worked well.
Click ‘Done’ and your email will start to download.
Step 2: Add your ReallyMe Calendar to Outlook
Your ReallyMe Calendar used CalDav format Click the Calendar button on the left handside of Outlook
In the Top Bar look for ‘Add +’ and select ‘From Internet’
Outlook will contact the ReallyMe server and ask for your Username (your full email address) and password. Click Remember my credentials if you’re not using a shared machine and want to automatically login in the future.